Ripcord - AI & ML Lead
THIS SECTION IS A WIP
Scanse - Director of software
- Designed, implemented and shipped cross platform desktop application for visualizing, interpreting and interacting with realtime LiDAR data and 3D point cloud data. Involved electron and WebGL.
- Implemented and maintained SDK's in various languages for controlling a low cost LiDAR sensor.
- Managed numerous contractors and external developers contributing to open software projects.
- Supported and fostered several active communities.
- Designed and maintained an open source software project for controlling an inexpensive 3D scanner.
- Prototyped various perception algorithms for 2D LiDAR data.
- Drafted a provisional patent application related to AI and sensor data which was successfully filed.
- Prototyped a distributed sensor system involving sensor fusion for occupant tracking and monitoring.
- Prototyped various Neural Networks for time series classification of multi-sensor data using Tensorflow.
- Implemented technical documentation for numerous software projects both internal and open.
During the summer of 2015 I interned at Nvidia, working out of the Santa Clara office in California. Specifically I worked for the Gameworks department on integrated PhysX in Unreal Engine 4. As an intern I improved the existing implementation of a software integration in a massive working code base, generated extensive documentation, interacted with interested community members and produced a large demo project to highlight the improvements and capabilities of the integrated software.
HTC Vive Tech Ambassador
In February of 2016 I was hired to serve as a tech ambassador for the HTC Vive campus tour during their stop at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Over the course of a week, I helped setup and deliver hundreds of HTC Vive Virtual Reality Demonstrations to interested faculty and students. I delivered marketing pitches, while also providing in-depth technical information and prolonged discussion with faculty, researchers and local businesses interested in developing experiences with the HTC Vive. Discussions included applying VR to entertainment, social networks, education, research, robotics, medical technology, data visualization and architectural visualization, as well as analysis of development obstacles unique to VR content. I generated new interest from a wide variety of demographics and highlighted new and useful industry information (problems, processes, connections, workflows, products etc) for those already working with VR.
Custom Computer Design, Overclocking and Repair
In 2013 a friend and I founded AD/PC, a small business specializing in the design and fabrication of custom Personal Computers. AD/PC catered to any computer needs, but the primary clientele were undergraduate students at Washington University looking for custom water-cooled enthusiast gaming PCs. As a small part-time business AD/PC stuck to commissioned work, rarely taking on more than one or two projects at a time. Word of mouth kept AD/PC with a steady queue of interested customers until I finished undergraduate.
Cypress Wealth Advisors
In the summer of 2013 I worked for a wealth advising firm in the San Francisco Bay Area, called Cypress Wealth Advisors. During my time there I built client databases in Microsoft Access, handled tax returns for small oil investors and developed software to automate the firm's quarterly summary report process. The latter involved creating software in Java to parse the client database and compile information regarding individual investments before automating LaTeX to stitch together the summary reports for each of the investments relevant to a specific client. Before this, the firm was manually editing a Word Document to produce individualized summary reports which (for a few hundred clients) can take days. I also began working on a graphical interface to extend the functionality and usability of the automated summary reporting.
La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
From 2007-2011 I was employed in various positions at La Cocina, a small Mexican restaurant in Orinda Ca. I started busing tables but moved to bar-tending and waiting which I continued for 4 years. At a small family owned restaurant, being a waiter assumed acting as floor manager. My responsibilities included opening and closing the restaurant, handling the documentation and security of money, managing other staff and even assisting in the design of a new computer system for online catering orders. I believe that every individual should work in the service industry at some point, if only to gain a healthy perspective.